Teller/Customer Service Representative
Operate a teller window by providing prompt, efficient and accurate customer service, representing the Bank in a courteous, professional manner, alert to customer needs and willing to cross-sell or refer the customer to the appropriate staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet each customer with a smile and ask them if you can be of assistance.
- Process cash and non-cash bank transactions accurately and efficiently while balancing daily.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates on depository account, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Open new accounts; verifies and processes changes to existing accounts.
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of banking products, financial services and technology.
- Identify and utilize cross-selling opportunities with the new and existing customers in order to generate new business for the Bank.
- May assist the Head Teller in training and vault maintenance.
- Comply with all bank operations and security procedures including all dual control functions such as opening and closing an office.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to detail
- Cash handling accuracy
- Time management
- Computer proficient
- Availability to work branch operating hours including Saturday
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, typewriters, calculators, and cash advance and coin machines.
Prolonged standing (5-8 hours per day), frequent use of hand to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1-10 lbs., occasionally lifting up to 30 lbs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Cash handling experience
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee fore this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants can apply in person at any of our branch locations. You may also apply by downloading the application below and submitting it electronically. Please email your completed application to email@example.com